Have you ever wanted to package what you’ve learned about the future and use it as professional training or a student curriculum? Would you be ready if you were invited to be an adjunct to teach futures studies at your community college or the graduate level? Can you see yourself launching a ‘Futures Institute’ that offers training for your school, community, or organization?
This unique, one-day course will give you an edge to open doors and deliver high-quality sessions in both futures thinking and action. You get to review existing resources and hear best practices on how to create lesson plans, short courses, and entire training programs. I draw from three decades of experience in designing study programs, national conferences, graduate degrees, and train the trainer programs.
This short course will help anyone, whether consultants, futurists, college educators, corporate trainers, community planners, administrators; anyone who has something to give as a foresight educator and wants to take it to a higher level.
Here is what we will cover: How to:
(1) assess your own personal, professional, and academic assets as a futures educator;
(2) relate futures topics to real-world competencies that your audience needs for professional and personal development;
(3) identify training opportunities that futurists can develop within schools, colleges, and companies;
(4) engage in just-in-time learning when asked to create face-to-face courses or online curriculum;
(5) find foresight educators who can mentor you; and
(6) create practical foresight exercises, workshops, and courses.
You will leave with hands-on skills to develop custom foresight courses, curricula, and training. Join the new vanguard of futurists who are leveraging what they know to help adults get future-ready. Click to view the workshop page.